Many parents begin to rejoice as back to school season is but weeks away. To assist in back-to-school shopping, tax-free weekend is finally here.
Each year on the second weekend of August, the Texas Comptroller’s office offers a tax-free weekend for a number of school-related items. On Aug. 9-11 Texas law exempts sales tax on most clothing, school supplies, footwear and backpacks priced less than $100. Buyers could save about $8 on every $100 they spend.
The exemption applies to each eligible item sold for less than $100, and there is no limit to the number of qualifying items available to buy.
The following items do not qualify for exemption during the sales tax holiday:
- items sold for $100 or more;
- clothing subscription boxes;
- specially-designed athletic activity or protective-use clothing or footwear;
- clothing or footwear rentals, alterations (including embroidery) and cleaning services;
- items used to make or repair clothing, such as fabric, thread, yarn, buttons, snaps, hooks and zippers;
- jewelry, handbags, purses, briefcases, luggage, umbrellas, wallets, watches and other accessories;
- software; and
This content is brought to you by Inergroup Insourcing, the leading insourcing solutions providor for Distribution and Manufacturing companies.
To apply come to 2300 13th st SW, Paris, Tx 75460 or apply at the guard shack.