So, this recipe serves as a double purpose. It is the perfect healthy cool and refreshing treat for the whole family as the temperature warms up, but may also give some relief for painful little gum’s for all those little’s at home.
I cannot take full credit for this recipe however and want to give the original recipe creator the recognition they deserve for this delicious little treat. I ever so slightly modified this recipe from the Coconut Mama.
The base of this recipe is why I love it so much. Full fat coconut milk as the base not only gives this popsicle a nice creamy texture and flavor, but also provides plenty of good quality fat that helps to balance out the natural sugars from the fruit and honey making it a much more blood sugar friendly snack that will keep you fuller longer and more satisfied. The coconut milk may also provide you with a good boost of energy as at least half of the fat consists of medium chain triglycerides. Unlike other fats, medium chain triglycerides are digested much like carbohydrates making them easily absorbed and immediately available for energy.I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!!
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I did!!
- 3 cups organic fresh strawberries (frozen could probably be used too, but I used fresh)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk (I used this brand)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons raw unfiltered honey (would be find with regular just wouldn’t provide the health benefits that raw does)
- Popsicle molds
- Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add 1 tablespoon of honey and blend until combined. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix coconut milk, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons of raw honey together. Mix until combined thoroughly.
- Pour in your pureed strawberries into the coconut mixture and mix well. (This was the only thing I modified from the original recipe. She did not mix the two. I wanted the strawberry flavor to be predominant when I ate it which is why I decided to mix them together before pouring into the popsicle molds.)
- Fill each popsicle mold to the top with your fruit and coconut mixture and place popsicle handles on securely.
- Allow popsicles to freeze completely before serving, about 5-8 hours. Once your popsicles are ready to serve, run the bottom of the popsicle molds under warm water to help release them from the molds. Serve and enjoy!
- Experiment with other berries of your choice if you would like. Mix and match. The possibilities are endless here!