The 2017 Paris Oktoberfest sponsored by Everett Toyota, kicks off this coming Friday for a multi-day event with many new additions including:
- 6 imported German Brews at 2 serving stations
- more merchandise vendors that last year
- twice the food vendors than last year
- Der Wiener Eating contest sponsored by Sonic
- Masskrugstemmen (Bier stein holding contest) sponsored by Buffalo Joes
- 3 german headlining bands including returning act, Grammy Award winning Brave Combo
- German with Jim by Victory Gardens, German Jim will be teaching common German phrases
- All new dance floor and stage
- Organizations like Lamar County Humane Association, Boy Scouts of America, Chisum Seniors, Adopt a Cop and more will be benefactors of the event.
“When I was younger I had a gig at one in New Braunfels, and fell in love with them. The food, fun, laughing,….everyone just seems to be happy. We could use a little of that right now.” Felsberg said. “when it comes to Oktoberfest in Texas, most people think of Wurstfest, which is one of the most highly attended. Their first year they had just over 2000 attend and we topped that last year. By no means are we a Wurstfest, but it sure feels like we might be heading in the right direction.”
Be a part of the fun, tickets are $8 and $10 IN ADVANCE and available online at www.parisoktoberfest.com or in person at Olive Paris at 115 S Main in downtown Paris.
What: Paris Oktoberfest
When: Friday (3p-10p) and Saturday (12p-11p)
Where: Gibraltar Hotel in Downtown Paris Texas
How Much: $8 friday, $10 saturday in advance, $15 at the door
View this event on our community calendar, click here.