Paris Harley-Davidson Chili Cook-Off is coming soon!
Each year this event is celebrated in memory of Tim Chapman.
Tim had the vision of creating events that brought people together, and for the last 15 years the chili cook off has done just that.
What started as a small event to raise money for a charity, with a few Chili teams, has turned into a huge festivity with over 25 different chili teams, awards, Live Music and games.
Thousands of dollars have been raised for charities such as Wounded Warriors, MDA, Bikers Against Child Abuse, and many more. People come from all over the United States to experience the event.
When I see locals around Paris, the subject of Chili Cook-off always comes up.
-Kris Estep, Paris Harley-Davidson.
This year the live music is brought by Live 80, and Twisted Whisky.
We are excited to have this year’s proceeds go to the Red River Valley Veterans Memorial.
Those who are planning to attend this year’s 15th annual Chili Cook-off are encouraged to get their wrist bands for chili tasting early as we are expecting a record turn out this year. Adam Sandoval with Scootinamerica will return this year to film an episode of “Kickstands Up” @adam_sandoval_rides.
Car Parking will be at Home Depot again this year and the free shuttle will be running that day.
Chili Cook Off Application
Chili Cook-Off Rules
1. True chili is defined by the International Chili Society as any kind of meat, or combination of meats, cooked with chili peppers, various other spices, and other ingredients with the exception of items such as beans or spaghetti which are strictly forbidden.
2. No ingredient may be pre-cooked or treated in any way prior to the preparation period which will begin approximately one hour prior to the commencement of the official cook-off. The only exceptions are canned or bottled tomatoes, tomato sauce, peppers, pepper sauce, beverages, broth and grinding and/or mixing of spices. Meat may be pre-cut or ground but not treated in any way. All other ingredients must be chopped or prepared during the preparation period.
3. The cooking period will be 8 AM until 12 noon. Judging will begin at 12:30 and serving to the public will begin at 12:30 PM.
4. A representative of the sponsoring organization shall conduct a contestants meeting, at which time final instructions are to be given and questions answered, no later than 7:45 AM.
5. Contestants are responsible for supplying everything needed to cook their chili. The Health Department requires each cook to have a gallon of water, soap or hand sanitizer and a bucket for hand washing.
6. Contestants are permitted to set up their equipment, decorations and other facilities anytime BEFORE 7:00 AM on the day of the cook-off in their assigned area. Teams may set up the night before and security will be provided to accommodate this request.
7. Each contestant must cook a minimum of 5 gallons of chili. If any team desires to prepare more, it is encouraged. Remember, proceeds benefit Red River Valley Veterans Memorial.
8. Each contestant will be assigned a contestant’s number by the Chief Scorekeeper and be given a container in which their chili will be collected at the time of the official judging. Each contestant should verify that the number on the bottom of their container is the same as their contestant’s number assigned to them by the Chief Scorekeeper. At the option of the Chief Judge, each contestant may be required to cover their number on the bottom of the container with non-transparent tape prior to giving the bowl to the collector or delivering it to the judging area.
9. Not more than one quart of each contestant’s chili will be collected at the end of the cooking period for purposes of judging.
10. The decision of the Judges shall be final.
11. Trophies will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, 3rd place and this year will have a peoples choice award.
12. All teams will be responsible for cleanup of their booth area after judging is completed. Trash receptacles will be provided.
13. All teams must have a tent. Bowls, spoons, napkins etc. will be provided by Paris H-D.
14. No Chili shall be given away until 12:30 PM, after judging has begun.